Byron Gatewood Announces Campaign for Congress
A Veteran And Proven Conservative, Gatewood Will Defend Georgians’ Freedoms
EAST COBB, GA – Today, Byron Gatewood announced his campaign for U.S. Congress in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District. As a U.S. Army officer, small business owner, husband, father and devoted Christian, Gatewood brings much-needed leadership qualities, experience and proven conservative values to the race.
“The very reason that I and so many others chose to fight for our country after September 11th was to protect the communities we live in, defend the liberties we are blessed with, and preserve our God-given rights and freedoms that only this great country offers,” said Byron Gatewood. “Twenty years later, I am again concerned for our state and our country. Washington, D.C. is encroaching into every facet of our lives. The Democrats’ national ‘woke’ movement has directly targeted and harmed Georgia communities. Public safety is at risk with open borders and defunded police departments. Our local communities and freedoms are under attack, which is why I’m running for Congress. I strongly believe in the promise of America and will hold true to our founding ideals. And I’ve already shown that I’ll protect this state, this country and freedom.”
Byron Gatewood enlisted in the Army National Guard as a college student in the wake of the September 11th attacks and was deployed to Afghanistan. Upon returning from the war, he graduated from Louisiana State University (LSU), earning a commission and returning to serve in the Army as an intelligence officer, partnering with the Israel Defense Forces and NATO in efforts to make the Middle East more secure for America and our allies. After a decade on active duty, Byron attended Cornell University earning an MBA before settling in Georgia with his wife, Ashley. He now owns and operates two small businesses that employ Georgians and is passionate about giving back to his community as the managing director at a local nonprofit, where he helps create jobs and opportunities for adults on the autism spectrum.
Byron’s mission to protect local Georgia communities and freedoms includes:
- Defending the police and local law enforcement, while opposing the radical defund–the-police agenda being pushed by Speaker Pelosi and Congresswoman McBath.
- Supporting Christian values by protecting the sanctity of life that’s made in God’s image.
- Helping create conditions for jobs and opportunities by prioritizing good-paying jobs, standing with small business and those who are out of work, and stopping Biden’s inflation and high taxes.
- Protecting our border by hiring more border patrol officers and securing our border.
- Bolstering election integrity by supporting smart legislation thatprotects the sanctity of the vote and opposing efforts by the liberals to harvest ballots and eliminate voter ID laws.
For more information, visit Byron’s campaign website www.gatewoodforgeorgia.com